Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Liga Premier NPNG, 7th game, 5 Apr 2006

Last game of the 1st round was against the formidable ACR 1...the only team who has a realistic chance of catching leaders MIC Subang. This game we had to win if we want medals (for 2nd place), since only the top 2 were awarded those.

And what a match it was. I noticed that we were playing with this defensive formation initially, like an umbrella, not diamond, umbrella. Got such thing meh? Never seen it before, but it seemed to work. Led 3-2 at half time, also 6-4 at one point, but ACR 1 still managed to win. 7-6. Personally, I had a great first half, frustrating the opponents time and again. I don't care, angkat bakul pun angkat bakul laaa. Sapa lagi mau puji kan. However, I would not be Embi if I don't not make a horrendous mistake. I duly obliged by letting in a clearance by ACR 1's goalkeeper sail over my head into goal for the winner. I actually thought the goalkeeper threw the ball. Everyone was silent for an instant, then someone said "Eh, gol!" and that was when I realized what I did.....argh!!!!!!!...to let in a late winner is bad enuff, but a goal like that??? aiyo

Scorers were Yot (3), Bob and Pakcik (2). Yot also scored an own goal that made it 3-3.

I fully expected to kene kutuk (again) after the game, but surprisingly, everyone was smiling, asking me wat happen (mati-mati aku ingat dia baling)...Badar said the MIC Subang coach came up to him and asked "Machaaa. kenapa u punyer keeper tarak tangkap itu bola???" wakakakakakaka...dat was funny i tot...

Even the ACR players apologised..."menang nasib bang"...how often does that happen...

After the game, pi minum2 pulak...mcm menang...hehe...and so ended our dream...

No comments:

Post a Comment