Tuesday, May 09, 2006

7th Tournament...Friends in Futsal Invitational, 6th May 2006























Tourney : Friends in Futsal Invitational
Venue : NPNG
Date : 6th May 2006

List of Players : Bangkai, Bob, Bidin, Embi, Matad (who didn't play), Pakcik and Yot.

This Invitational was organized by us. 4 men's teams and 4 ladies' teams.

The teams who participated were...
Men's Teams
Tok Jinjang FC, De Calcio, Jenan98 and You Sure or Not FC.
Ladies' Teams
Crony FC, Act-Pro, Shooting Star and Futsy.

We would like to take this opportunity to first of all, thank all the teams who participated. We would also like to apologise for any and every thing that didn't go according to plan. We also hope that you guys and gals would still want to play in any future invitationals that we might organize.
Congrats to Tok Jinjang FC (ahem) and Crony FC for emerging as champs...

Full Results

Men
Jenan98 vs YSON...2-1
DeCalcio vs Tok Jinjang...0-1
YSON vs Tok Jinjang...1-2
Jenan98 vs DeCalcio...3-4
YSON vs DeCalcio...1-3
Jenan98 vs Tok Jinjang...3-3
Final
Tok Jinjang vs DeCalcio...3-2

Ladies
Act Pro vs Shooting Star...2-0
Futsy vs Crony FC...0-9
Shooting Star vs Crony FC...1-1
Act Pro vs Futsy...5-1
Shooting Star vs Futsy...11-0
Act Pro vs Crony FC...1-1
Final
Act Pro vs Crony FC...0-2

Our first group game was against De Calcio...which featured Shahril (Aril) and Yus who played for us in the disastrous (for us) Piala Amal Pandan...got one guy kasar ooo..tak kisah ler...we won 1-0...Goal was scored by Bob...we missed a lot of chances in this game while I made some good saves (ahem)... After the game, Yot asked whether it was my first clean sheet...wat the..wey..clean sheet sudah byk la wei...hehehe..cuba scroll bawah-bawah tu... Aril, Yus and I played together for the Arsenal Fan Club in a tourney at UIA...After this game, Aril said I played really well, "kene bertubi-tubi", "tp apasal masa kat UIA tu ko tak mcm tu"...wei...I played well at UIA laaa...at least some ppl tink so...hehehe

Next group game was against You Sure or Not FC (YSON). We won this game 2-1. As always, my defender(s) are eager to go up, exposing me and costing us their goal...cilakak...kalu tak, clean sheet lagi....takper laaa....Our goals were scored by Pakcik and Bidin. Shah of YSON attempted audacious long range shots...padang besar boleh la Shah...hihi...

On to our final group game, against Jenan98. Our initial plan was for me to play upfront, but altho we won the first 2 games, mathematically, we could still finish 3rd and out of the final. So, it was goalkeeping duties again...sigh...Mebbe it affected me as I let in easy goals (cewah) ...at one point, we were trailing 1-3...final result 3-3...Goals scored by Pakcik and Yot (2). We finished top, followed by De Calcio.

Final...
De Calcio scored first, but we replied immediately thru Bidin who blocked a pass directly into their empty net...wow...Then I remember being hit in the face by the ball and staying down for a few secs..when I got up (with a cut bottom lip..oww..), it was a freekick for us..dunno wat dat was about...They scored again...and we replied again, this time thru Pakcik...2-2...
Bob scored the winner,3-2..while Bidin hit the post with an amazing long range lob.
We won..yahuuuu..Alhamdulillah...
I should also mention that the "kasar" guy got a yellow card for giving the ball back to Pakcik into his face. I remember Pakcik's shocked look...but after the game sumer ok..no prob...
I hurt my left thumb (again) earlier in this game, even the ref noticed it and asked whether i was ok..my thumb has been bothering me for a couple of weeks now...camana nak ok...minggu2 main...

I personally would like to thank Matad for sacrificing playing time to be the perfect organizer...thanx man...this is the third time I've seen u do this...

Summary:
Winning a tournament which features only 4 teams and organized by ourselves does not cheapen it..We deserved to win.

Pakcik : 3 goals Bidin, Bob, Yot : 2 goals
Embi : 1 clean sheet (the only one in the men's category I might add. We also had the least goals conceded, which shud mean something rite?)

No comments:

Post a Comment