Thursday, May 18, 2006

Liga Premier NPNG, 13th game, 17 May 2006

Our second last game was against ACR 1...

Moments before the game, Pakcik said he wanted to play as the keeper..i tot he was joking, but he wasn't, so he started as goalie and i took his jersey. I didn't actually want to start the game, coz I've nvr played outfield in a competitive game before, but no one else was entering the pitch. So I started as a defender, and made many mistakes. They scored 3 before I left the game to change my jersey and come back in to take my "rightful" place. And they scored 2 more almost immediately. Aiyo...Half-time 0-5.

I played better in the second half, but there was no coming back. Wan scored a wonderful goal, but the final result was 1-6. Yet another under-par performance from Tok Jinjang. Yot was obviously edgy. He commented later that we are playing too nice. I agree. We need to be more aggresive.

There seems to be this invisible rope or line between Bangkai and me. He seems to always be near me. "Bangkai jaga Embi laa." We both started as defenders and when I went up, he was there as well. When I became the keeper again, he was right in front of me, most of the time blocking my view.

Maybe Pakcik wanted to "saiko" them. They did seem surprised that I played outfield, while our topscorer was the keeper. Had I scored, mebbe they wud be even more surprised. But I didn't, altho i did have a half-chance or 2. At any rate, whatever Pakcik was thinking, it didn't work.

On a personal note, for the first time in competition, I was not on the pitch for a while. I've played every minute of every competitive game for Tok Jinjang before this, but that's not so amazing considering I'm the (only) keeper.

Oooo..the normal ref was in charge...we have lost all matches under him...not dat he's biased, just jinxed i tink...while shaking hands wit him, he said "kene titik korang ek"...hehehe...